Friday, October 07, 2005

Beachcomber's Water Activities

When eventually Rocco was in lack of building contracts during what was called the rain season he told me so
and I started to look for another job,it took me three days to find one.I answered an add in the local newspaper in which they asked for a serious person to work in the Beachcomber's W.A. and who could speak and write in english as well as possible,I went there and got the job after a short interview.
Another guy was working there,he was Tahitian and his name was Nano,as all Tahitians I met he was cool and
easy going,he was also very sociable and quite intelligent but at first he kind of got me all wrong.I was the stranger farani and it took him a while to wonder if he was right about me.Nano had a few hints he could be wrong and finaly decided to try to see who I really was,he told me he would like to have a party and see me drink it up and get loose some.we rigged it up, invited a few friends,Dominique was there, a cool guy named
Peter and two Japaneese girls Nano had met during the same day.We each brought some stuff to the party,we had some booze and things to eat,we had music and we had the first "bringue" (wild drunken party) in the first three month I worked in the W.A. with Nano.We had a good time and the night was perfect as many polynesian nights are and when after a few hours everything started to cool down and we had cleaned the mess we've made,Nano took one of the japaneese girls on a small plastic speed boat to have her visited the big catamaran we used for cruising with customers,it had a cabin;see what I mean?
Night was soft and quite and there was not a ripple on the lagon,Nano boarded the twin floats sailing ship that was anchored about a hundred yards from the peer I was sitting on,and casually put a foot on the deck and left the other on the runabout and kept talking to the girl who was agreeing to what he was saying.
by the time he'd finished his sentence I noticed the runabout was drifting away from the catamaran straining
his legs quite apart,Nano was strong and he could have brought the boats back alongside bringing back his legs together but it was very hard to do,so I asked him just in time,voice as smooth as can be;Ahemmm Nano,
do you have a problem? Can I do anything to help? He couldn't hold his laughter and that did it_Splash he went_we had a fit of laughter the three of us,Nano was spitting out water he'd swallowed when falling in the lagoon. I wish I could see him again as all the good friends there,I'm keeping the ana he gave me when I left
back to France it's the most precious gift that was offered me:The stool Tahitian seat on to grind coconuts in
order to make coco milk.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Seems there are but two simple things that bind a friendship - laughter and tears.
Peace................

4:05 AM  
Blogger GPV said...

Yes,laughter's better, let's hope for laughter,but rather tears than no friendship.

10:22 AM  
Blogger utenzi said...

Well said, Helen.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home