Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I thought your parents were rich

while in art school in Nice I learned more than a trade or how to draw,I acquired a new outlook on things and a different way of achieving goals,but another thing I learned; If you are an artist and most people are,if the piano is not available you'll get a guitar or a banjo or whatever,if nothing happens that way then you'll try to sing,if your voice is squeaky and weak you probably will end up making film or draw,or undertaking any other form of art.
If nothing of the things I mentioned previously happens to you(no matter what the reason)you'll
end up watching movies,hearing music on the radio,going to museums or to art galleries and perhaps in your spare time you'll read a book or two......WELL that also makes you an artist.
It takes two kinds of artist;one that makes something and the other one who's able to appreciate
what's been made.
You can decide also to taste and try all the trades you can,just to known what it's like,make your own car repairs,sell I don't know what for I don't know who.Wide range of possibilities.
That's a bum's life!!! after I left art school I became a bum,hood,a looser they said, a clean hippy.
I met Connie in art school after I dropped out.I used to pose for the students in drawing courses,
made a few francs that way.We stayed a while together but when she went back to Maine,I thought I would never see her again so I got involved with a french girl and I told her about Connie,she didn't pay attention and I didn't insist,Connie came back.I'm not proud of this,
I should've tell her not to but I was some mess,I had to tell her off three days after,stupid me.
I got married to that french girl and wasted ten years of my life.Nobody's fault; it happens.
Worst thing for me, we had a child(girl).I had to play it cool if I wanted to keep seeing my kid.
That's what I thought but I was wrong.I remember when my wife told me she was going to divorce me,I asked her why - Silly boy.
Olive(that's not her real name) said to me" I'm tired of you and I'm tired of having so little,at first when I married you I thought we would have everything"--"How's that,when you met me
I was just a fisherman,not a pirate"---"I thought your parents were rich".
Why in the fuck didn't she get married with my parents? ---Ten stupid years!!!!Gone!!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger oldwhitelady said...

Ah, but GPV, that is what we learn from life. I wasted 7 years with a guy who worked very little. I paid for a lot of things for his self-employed job. I thought he would get it together and pay me back the tens of thousands I loaned him. Finally, I had to throw in the towel. I realized I would never see that money and he was just bringing me down. He killed the love I had for him by being the person he is. Perhaps, it's made me a better person? I hope so. We cannot begrudge the time already passed. Just learn and forgive. Better things await!

8:11 AM  
Blogger GPV said...

right you are of course,it's just how the crumble cookies and starkle starkle little twink.

Nobody's fault.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Appleita said...

You are better off by far, honey!

11:36 AM  
Blogger GPV said...

oh yes indeed apple!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home